Thursday, February 23, 2012

Blah blah blah

That pretty much sums up how I've been feeling this week.  Just haven't really been "into" anything.  Not excited about anything in particular.  Saw an old friend at the gym today, hadn't seen him in a while & he asked how I was, what was new, etc.  I just sorta looked at him with a puzzled, blah, blah, blah look & shrugged my shoulders.  Needless to say, that was a short conversation.  I was even approached at the gym by some guy who introduced himself to me about 2 weeks ago...apparently I wasn't smiling while working out like I normally do & he asked if I was ok.  I'm now sitting at my computer watching the snow fall, secretly hoping it'll be so bad by 6pm that I will decide to bail on Master's swim...humm, doubt that will happen!

Been very sore this week too.  Not sure why (really Jen, can't figure it out).  I always warm up before my workouts, always.  I always stretch after, always.  But this week I'm walking around with very sore quads, lower shins, just achy in general.  Foam rolling is not helping!  Although, admittedly, when I roll over the sore parts, it hurts, so I decrease the pressure, or stop. 

And trust me, feeling like this now is making me think how the heck am I going to do an Ironman??  Really...I'm working out what...11+ hours a week, heck, the Ironman will take me longer than that alone!  How on earth do people do this?  Surely I can't be the only person who's doubted themselves so early???!!!

So maybe it's the weather.  Or the job search that's going nowhere.  Whatever it is, that's all I have today.  Don't have anything else to say right now...just blah blah blah  But I hear the snowflakes that are falling right now are huge...I think I'm going to take Erin outside in the snow.  Until next time ;)

3 comments:

  1. You can do it!! Stick with it! I think we, as triathletes and just athletes in general sometimes go through these "in a funk" periods with our training! Hang in there and you will be so happy you did when you cross that IM finish line and they say, "Cathy Bonich, You ARE an IRONMAN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely know how you feel! I have my first OLY in 3 weeks, and feel way under-prepared. But we are tough cookies and I believe in both of us- even if our inner voices (& muscles & joints) are telling us otherwise.

    Keep working through these blah days, the AH HA days are coming!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So "happy" to hear I am not the only one...that was me last week...I didn't want to train, didn't want to work, didn't want to watch TV, didn't want to sleep, I just had the "IDONTWANNAS"...it passes. I'd say the achiness and soreness goes hand in hand with that...don't fret! I actually woke up Wednesday morning thinking - "how on earth do I do a workout in the morning and in the afternoon during Ironman training"...we ALL go through it...it's par for the course (and let me tell you how ahead of the game you are...I've NEVER trained in the winter (until April) for all 3 of my Ironman races (it all sounded good, but just lost track of time)...AND I was able to finish 3...so you are SOOOOOOOO ahead of the curve (heck - the first time I got into the pool since I was a kid was at the end of February of the year of my first IM). So...you got this!!! And Emily is right...there is something amazing about those words "You ARE an IRONMAN!"

    ReplyDelete