Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Taper week :)

Another shortie...taper week, short workouts, short blog ;)

Last weekend I had my shortest workouts in a very long time...woo hoo!  Seriously, it wasn't until Sunday night that it dawned on me...wow, I actually had time to myself, to relax, to do other things.  So taper week continues as I prepare for Steelhead on Sunday.  Steelhead, my 3RD attempt at doing a 1/2 Ironman.  Last year...attempt #1.  Muncie.  A week before, I fractured my elbow.  Bye bye Muncie.  This year...attempt #2.  Muncie again.  It owed me.  Or I owed it.  Day before...heat index is too high, the Ironman folks shorten the race to a 37.2.  Again, no 1/2 Ironman.  So Sunday is my redemption!  It's either "3rd time's a charm" or "3 strikes and I'm out"...whatever happens, happens.  I know Steelhead's track record with the swim, I'm not even going to say it, type it & I'm trying not to think about it.  The forecast is calling for PERFECT race weather...after a summer of 90's for what seemed like every day, this weekend we're looking at low 70's as a high.  Fingers crossed...I'm going with Jamie, have other friends that are going to be there racing and even 2 more 1st timers like me.  I'm excited!  Next blog...Steelhead's race report!


1 comment:

  1. It's going to be great Cath! And you are ready! So excited for you, can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete