Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Madison bound in T-37 hours..........

Well, here I am, 4 days (technically now a little less than 3.5 actually) from my 1st Ironman!  Wow, what a journey this has been!!  As Coach Jen keeps saying, the work is done.  I'm ready.  I will be fine.  I still can't believe it's practically here.

So...tomorrow I pack.  My packing list is very long!  Started tonight but only gathering up the little stuff.  Anything that requires thinking is for tomorrow :)  Last minute errands tomorrow too.  Oh, and pack up the dog.  Man, I can't even pack light for Erin.  She gets a mini vacation out of this race too.

I'm tired.  And ready.  And not thinking clearly.  Clearly from the email I just sent Coach Jen a little bit ago, I'm just brain dead.  Or coming off the sugar high from work earlier today.  They surprised me with a Good Luck cake and very cool banner hanging in my cube.  Totally surprised me!  Very nice guys, thank you!!

 
So that's all for now.  I'm heading to bed.  One final swim tomorrow morning.  Friday up and head to Madison in the morning...Wish me luck!  Next blog, with any luck, I will be calling myself an Ironman!! 
 


 


5 comments:

  1. YAY CATHY! See you up there on Sunday. Stay calm and relaxed, you will have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo Hoo!!!! It's time!!!!! Relax and enjoy!!! Soak it all in!! Believe it or not, it goes FAST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO SO SO excited for you! And even more proud of you! You are going to be awesome and if I ever do it, you will be my inspiration! Kill it Cathy! Looking forward to talking and dinner at SEASONS to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck. Wishing you a great experience!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! It's going to be a great day. Wish we had a Bee Line racing kits
    Enjoy the journey Sunday- there is only one first!
    You are totally prepared for
    This day and will do awesome

    ReplyDelete