Sunday, March 18, 2012

Morning girl here...

OK, truth be told, I am a morning person.  As much as I HATE getting up at 5:30am, or 5am, or, as I did at least once last week, 4:45am...I am a morning person.  I like to workout in the morning.  Take one shower & I'm done.  Get it done before my day goes berserk or I just "don't feel like it" later on.  The hardest part for me is just getting out of bed.  But once I'm up, I'm loving my morning workouts.  These past few weeks, back at the gym at the crack of dawn, I felt at home...and I even think I had better workouts then when I was being a bum and going in late morning.

So now I'm starting to struggle.  My workouts are getting longer & at some point (this week?) I just won't be able to get the full workout in in the morning.  I have to figure out just how early is my breaking point...before I have to give in and split up the workouts.  UGH...how is it that I totally did not think about this before signing up for an Ironman?  I HATE working out in the evening...hate is a strong word, but it's truly how I feel.  Yes,  I swam Masters for a few years...liked Masters, hated the fact that I had to come back at night.  No doubt I skipped a few just because I didn't feel like working out again.

So, any veteran Ironmen reading this ever struggle with the same thing?  Am I going to ultimately have to work out twice a day?  I do realize there are probably some workouts where I'll need recovery time (again, wasn't thinking about this prior to signing up)...but I really am dreading it.  God help me when I find a full-time job & have to be at work at 8 or 9am...maybe I'll start playing the Lotto ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment