Sunday, March 11, 2012

Who would've thought?

...that I'd be sitting out on my deck at 5:30pm on March 11th...wearing shorts & a long sleeve tee shirt...as I write this blog?  What a great weekend!!  It seems like everyone was outside today.  I'm actually a little bummed I didn't carry insurance on my motorcycle through this winter...how fun that would've been to go for a ride in mid-March!!  Ha!  And just now I got a text from a fellow tri friend who said "first moto ride of 2012 done"!  Nice Joe...I'm jealous!! 

Seriously though, I spent the entire day yesterday outside.  If you didn't know, I volunteer at PACT Humane Society at the Petco in Bloomingdale.  And I know I've posted a pic, but I'm fostering a lab/terrier mix named Erin.  She often runs with me, but not always.  This is her :) I'm watching her race from one side of my yard to the other right now, back & forth. There must be dogs or kids on bikes walking by...she loves to chase!  If she were a cat, she would've lost 2 lives today!!! 

We had a dog adoption event yesterday & I figured it out...not counting all my time INSIDE the shelter doing whatever, I spent over 3 hours walking dogs.  A few times I just sat down in a grassy area & let them play or roll around in the grass like dogs like to.  It was so nice out I didn't care that by the end of the day, my feet hurt & I actually had blisters!  Never had a blister from running, but yesterday I got 2 walking dogs. 

Oh, I suppose I should admit though, I did not ride outside yesterday.  Admittedly, I can do it, but I'm not good at changing the back tire (or front for that matter) on my bike.  And I'm not ready to take my trainer tire off until I know for a fact the weather will be consistently warm.  Plus, I had to be at the shelter early so at 7:45am when I hopped on my trainer, it was still winter cold outside ;)

And on my run today, everyone was outside.  Kids playing in shorts, motorcycles everywhere, bikes...the only thing I didn't see (or smell) was a backyard BBQ!!  Might've been tempted to stop if I had...LOL  I mean, it's MARCH!!  We know how bad March usually is...heck, the cold & unpredictable weather is the main reason I never run the Shamrock Shuffle (although isn't this the 2nd year it's been moved to April?)...I digress.  I mean, I remember seeing it on TV a few years ago & it was snowing...slushy, wet snow.  Yukko!  Not me!  So this weekend I was a happy camper!  Now let's hope that rain that's predicted for this week misses us...and here's to Spring which is right around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment