Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Time to regroup!!

These last few weeks (again) have been sort of blah blah weeks.  Having trouble focusing.  Life's stresses.  Not feeling well.  Cancelled dinner plans at one of my favorite restaurants this week because I didn't feel well.  The weather.  An "A" race getting shortened due to yes, the weather.  Stress.  Workouts being affected by the weather (can you say Mental Toughness Day?).  My nutrition hasn't been that great lately.  Did I mention stress yet?   Or the weather...?



In fact, I sit here typing this during a time I was supposed to be doing my open water swim & then running a 5k.  Just wasn't feeling it today, spent the day running around all over what felt like the entire state, in the heat, ran out of fluids so think I was a bit dehydrated...put it all together along with not feeling well the past few days & I (yes Jen) skipped my workout tonight.  I know it probably happens to others, but typically, it doesn't happen to me.  I hate missing workouts!

I've spent the last few days reading lots of blogs. This isn't something I typically do...oh, I have my few blogs of my favorite people that I follow, but other than that, I don't usually read them. Mostly because I'm on a computer all day long & then some & in the little free time I have, I just don't want to be sitting on a computer.  But I think there was a reason I ended up reading the ones I did...something led me to them for a reason.



I also spent some time with a few friends I rarely see or talk to.  Sorta used them as a sounding board for what I've been feeling lately...I mean, yes I knew Ironman training was not easy, or so they said.  I now know no matter how many times people tell you, you don't really "get it" until you experience it.  Don't get me wrong, so far it hasn't been that bad (OK, last Sat's workout was a nightmare...due to the weather...) but it's the sacrifices I've had to make in order to get my training in that I've been dealing with.  The invites I've had to turn down...or has it just been coincidences that everything happens on days I have long training, or nights before...LOL.  Even today, had to turn something down because of training.  Been struggling with that a lot lately :(  And it gets in my head & gets stuck...like I'm missing out.  Yep, struggling with that a lot lately.

Anyways - so after reading the blogs, talking to some friends & digging within, I'm ready to regroup...get back on track mentally & physically.  Oh yeah, and Mother Nature...really?  MUST you continue this 90+ degree weather every day?  I know it's summer...but enough is enough!!!  My Ironman is less than 2 months away...take the 90's back, leave us with the 80's........I'm tired of looking like crap :)

No comments:

Post a Comment