Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Cabin fever...

Is it just me, or does anyone else have a case of cabin fever?  Itching for the warm weather to get (and STAY) here?  Oh, I've been running outside for a long time, but I want to bike & swim outside too.  I'm sure part of it, at least for me, is I just got my bike back from having a tune-up/major overhaul & (FINALLY) got a replacement computer put on.  Bit the bullet & got one with cadence.  Now to figure out how it works & see if I'll like it!  Bring on a long, outdoor ride...sun, no wind & warm temps please. 

But seriously, what was that little tease of warm weather we had a few weeks ago?  What happened to it?  The only thing it did is make these 40's & 50's we're having seem that much colder to me!  Holy crap, I had my warmest jacket on this morning for Erin's walk, gloves & all.  I did go for a run outside this morning.  I guess it had warmed up a bit since the 5:30am walk...I was a bit overdressed.  Oops...


I think the real reason I have this weather thing on my mind is I've been thinking about Madison a lot lately.  Water temps...what will the air temperature be that day...god help me if it rains!  You know, it's September, it can go either way in a normal year!  I guess it's a combination of conversations I've had recently, thinking about other races I've spectated at & how hot it's been for them...and wondering if our very mild winter is going to come back & bite me in the you know what come Sept. 9th!  Oh, I know it's pointless to worry about it now, and I'm not worried, just wondering...and I know my history...LOL...if I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all !!  So please, weather gods, if you happen to be reading this blog...please, no cold or wet weather on Sept 9th...just lots of sunshine & warm temps! 

1 comment:

  1. I have warm clothes for dog walking tonight too. I with ya sista!

    ReplyDelete