Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Get out of my way Life!

So it's fair to say these past few weeks have been causing chaos in my life.  Not one particular thing that has happened, just stuff.  I have A LOT of stress in my life right now & it's really affecting all aspects of my life.  Someone who was in my life a few years ago, who made quite the impact, once told me "sometimes life just gets in the way".  That's EXACTLY how I've been feeling these past few weeks...LIFE has been getting in the way of me living the life I want to be living and getting in the way of me training the way I want to be training!  Boy, that was a mouthful, are you still there??

How ironic that Jen posted someone else's blog today about nutrition.  I haven't read it yet, but that's just one of the aspects of my life that went by the wayside these past few weeks.  Coming clean, yes, I've indulged much more than usual these past few weeks, without a care in the world.  And yep, it caught up with me...LOL

I've been training but my heart hasn't been in it.  Just sort of going through the motions.  I was taking some time off running, due to my right calf & shin bothering me, and I think at some point, that alone got to me because I wanted to run!   I miss it!!  And am I the only one whose mind wanders while swimming?  I can't tell you how many times I lost track of where I was in my set, or while counting laps.  My life is getting in the way of my training!  Heck, I even space out during my bike rides...

So, no more Life.  Get out of my way!  Or at least, mellow out, will ya?  I have an Ironman to train for & I need to stay focused :) 

1 comment:

  1. Have you considered that things may be getting in the way for a reason? After typing that I realized that I just put another something to think about in your head.... Sorry!

    Love ya girl - hang in there!

    ReplyDelete