Wednesday, April 4, 2012

One day at a time...

So it's been almost 3 months since I've been training w/ Jen...holy crap...3 months!  Ironman is now just a bit over 5 months away... where is this time going?  Sept is only 5 months away?  Huh?  I have a feeling it's going to creep up on me & all of a sudden it's going to be a month away.  And I'm going to panic...LOL  OK, in reality, I think I'm a bit anxious & even though it's months away...I'm getting more excited & one thing I don't have, is patience!



My training has been going good.  Really good, in fact.  I am definitely challenged by what I'm doing...and sometimes I hate the workouts (translation...they are REALLY HARD).  Like today's bike!  I seriously thought I was going to die, well not really, but I FELT like it!  For a second I had considered cheating for one set, I needed a break, but I did not.  These workouts just remind me that what I used to consider a HARD workout, really was not.  Unless I was racing.  And I'm doing more strength training.  I LOVE my strength training...I am sore after my strength training...love, love, love it! 

I'm coming off of a little leg issue (hopefully) now...I think I mentioned it last time...a bit of a calf/shin issue that was bothering me so I took last week off of running & am going to see how it goes tomorrow.  I have a nice, easy zone 1-2 run.  Fingers crossed my rest, stretching & foam rolling has fixed it.  I even cut out some of the walks for the dog in order to rest it...more playing fetch in the yard for her ;)  Again, no patience, want to test out the leg & see how it feels.  I haven't run in almost 10 days...blah!

Looking forward to the weather getting warmer.  I need to work on my tan, er, tan lines.  I think I have a bit of cabin fever, even with the few weeks of warmer weather we had, I'm ready to move it all outside...patience I tell myself...one day at a time...soon enough...until then, I will take one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment