Saturday, May 5, 2012

Baby I'm back!!!!!!!

Wow, what a week!  Coming off my rest week but man, I got my butt kicked.  More than once!!  I took some classes taught by my favorite instructors & overall had great workouts.  OK, well, one more day to go...but assuming it doesn't rain tomorrow, I know I'll have a good bike ride.

I've said before, I love my weight training (although admittedly struggling with fitting it into my workout schedule lately).  Over the past month or so, I've substituted my Sunday strength training session with a yoga class...one that uses light weights & a ball.  I love this class!  I'm not a traditional yoga person, but this class I love.   I think it's geared towards athletes.  I actually work up a sweat :) 

And bad timing (day before my 2nd swim test...more on that later) but I took a No Limits class this week also.  It's just what the name implies.  Full body workout - no limits.  Yes, Alisa, if you read this, you kicked my butt.  I was sore for 2 days!  Love it :)  Unfortunately, with my normal schedule, I don't get to take her class, so bonus I was able to this week.

Wed was my 2nd swim test...seeing if I improved on my average pace per 100 meters.  Where I'm NOT going to tell you what it is, I will say this...SCORE!!!!!!!!!!  I dropped 9 seconds off my average 100m pace.  I'm still not a fan of swimming but I'm very happy that I'm seeing improvement.  Now to keep my elbow from entering the water before my hand...I've been corrected twice on that, by the same person on top of it and months apart.  Still things to work on with regards to form, but at least I know what the issues are so I know what to work on :)  Just happy about the swim test.....!

Had 2 good runs this week.  Legs felt good, no pain.  At this point, I'm not as concerned about my pace as I am staying injury free.  Yes, I'm injury prone & there's no way I'm letting some injury screw up my season this year!  I have enough other things doing that...LOL   Did hill repeats today.  Thanks to Donna for suggesting a hill close to home!!  Holy steep hill though!  I could've done without seeing the snake...yuk, it just laid there on the hill and didn't move.  I kept thinking with each hill repeat I'm getting more tired & one of these times he's gonna slither onto me.  UGH...but the run was good & fingers crossed tomorrow my shins will still feel OK.

Hoping for no rain tomorrow.  I switched my weekend workouts so I could ride Barrington Hills with a group tomorrow.  Looking forward to it!  Haven't ridden with these guys in a few years so it'll be interesting.  And I need to figure out how my new computer works...it has cadence & I've never had that on a bike before.  I just hope I don't crash cuz I'm looking down at the computer while riding instead of watching where I'm going!!

So,  overall, very good week.  Now, I'm going to end with a question...if there are any Ironman. reading this...I have 2 cages on my bike for bottles.  That's it.  Do I need both an aero bottle as well as the behind the seat cages?  I see bottles always popping out of the behind the seat ones...so just looking for opinions.  Any particular brands you like?  Any suggestions/comments will be much appreciated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment